Thursday, May 13, 2010

Laundry Room

As any home owner will attest to, there's always more work to do on your home! And in our case that's particularly true. Josh has really had to keep on top of things to get our home in a functioning order. Our most recent project was getting the laundry room moved from the basement to our living room floor.

I think the laundry room will be a place I'll spend a lot of time! It houses my desk, my exercise bike, the chest freezer (for my once a month cooking) and the washer and dryer. Not to mention, the storage spot for the vacuum and other cleaning supplies. It's not that big of a room but Josh is maximizing the space and I couldn't be happier!
"The guys" came over one night and in just a matter of minutes they had lifted all these essential machines up into the room that Josh had just finished tiling to get ready for use. This was the old kitchen that we used last year but now is a storage room making up for the fact that we don't have a garage.
Terry always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to lifting up these stairs that lead to our basement!
David and Tomi pulled the machines in through the window while the guys below used a rolling system to get the machines to the window! Very ingenious!
We took a ton of photos but I'm not posting all of them here. But I will just tell you how blessed I felt when this army of friends showed up to once again, push us over the top into really living in this home! Every time that happens (and it happens quite a lot) I get such a thrill! Must be what the guy who got lowered down on a mat thru the roof to see Jesus must have felt! Thanks! (L to R) Blake, Kendra, Gorazd, Josh,David, Terry, Tomi, Meagan

No comments: