Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hidro izolacija!

One of the things we realized this winter is that it's cold in our basement! Before the main floor was finished we had set up a kitchen in the basement. I have "fond" memories of stirring the spaghetti sauce, wearing my winter coat and seeing my breath while I made dinner!

So we had some guys come out and dig around our foundation and put in some insulation. It's one of those things that you hate to spend money on when it's something you won't see. But I'm sure any of you coming for a visit will be glad for the extra bit of warmth since that's where the guest room is located!
On this backside of the house we're hoping for greater drainage down the side of the hill. And I'm hoping that the many ants who had built their ant hills right next to the house and seem to be seeking a food source in my basement will relocate. Hey! A girl can dream can't she?
Summer intern and all around great guy Nate came over and pushed wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow full of sand up the hill to dump into the grand canyon the tractor had dug earlier!
I do sometimes wonder how our neighbors feel about the seemingly endless supply of giant trucks that are pulling up to our house! Josh really enjoyed meeting the owner of this truck who is shoveling with him. He's believer that attends another church in Ljubljana. He was a great worker and a joy to be around.

No comments: