Monday, April 5, 2010

Laundry Room!

When we first saw this house and the kitchen I told Josh I was really not interested. The kitchen was small and pretty icky. I spend a good portion of my day in the kitchen and cooking for 6 people on a normal day. We often have guests and I just couldn't see how we could make this work. But after Josh and his brother Dave brain stormed how we could make things work he asked me to trust him. He thought he could do it.
What we ended up doing was making the kitchen our laundry room and turning the old living room into our kitchen and dining room. And finally combining two bedrooms and a bathroom to make our living room! I tell you, I'm not a person of vision so as Josh described it I couldn't really see it. But I have a lot of confidence in Josh and my man delievers!
In the end, Josh put a wall up between the old kitchen and the new one and shaved down a portion of the wall to give us more space on both sides. Here he is finishing up the tiling in this room. This is one room I can't wait to have finished! We have plans for this room to hold some of our overflow, like backpacks and extra winter gear. Not to mention the laundry, freezer for once a month cooking and my desk! It looks small for all that but Josh says it can be done. And after all this, I'm thinking if anyone can do it, it's him!

1 comment:

Meta said...

it's looking good=)